|Job Title||Support Services Technician|
|Reports to||Support Services Manager|
Support Services Technicians (SST) are responsible to inventory, restock and clean ambulances that are off line, and decontaminate and prepare various equipment for use.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Job Functions
- Inventory, fuel, and clean ambulances.
- Pick-up used equipment from hospitals or other locations and clean and store for future use.
- Deliver of equipment and supplies to stations as needed.
Other Job Functions
- Maintain physical plant as directed by Director of Support Services.
- Assist CSRC with inventory duties.
- Follow American Ambulance Values
- Teamwork - Team members working together toward a common goal.
- Respect and Compassion – Treat everyone as they wish to be treated.
- Honesty and Integrity – Do the right thing.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness – Work smart to get the job done right.
- Personal Development – Continue to develop in all aspects of our lives.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Support Services
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Basic math, reading, and English writing skills.
- California Drivers License and insurable by company selected insurance.
- Phone skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Average Monthly Unit inventory time must be less than Average Unit Inventory Time of Department
- Inventory errors < 1 per week
- Average Units inventory per shift must be less than Average Units Inventory Time per Department shift
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to operate the following equipment:
- Radio (two way)
- Pressure washer
- Computer for data transfer
- Small hand tools
- Work closely with the public
- Must be able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Able to lift 100 lbs. to a height of 20 inches.
- Able to perform work at or above shoulder level.
- Able to perform work while kneeling, stooping, or squatting.
- Able to enter and exit a vehicle with a door/bumper height of 18 inches.
- Manual dexterity necessary to work with small common hand-tools.
- Work any hours of the day and week
- Work irregular hours
- Work in any weather condition
POSITION TITLE: Support Services Technician
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Support Services